Monday 21 March 2011

AN INTERIOR DESIGNER'S PRESCRIPTION FOR DOMESTIC BLISS....

I was approached recently by a press contact from my days as a PR to create some mood boards for her home.   Jenny Dalton's home (for it is she), lives in a fantastic Eric Lyons Span house and with a burgeoning young family and busy work schedule, she was looking for advice on effective storage solutions as well some colour palette and furniture suggestions to help get her house in order. Having studied the rooms she was interested in sorting out, I set to work searching out furniture and furnishings for the living and dining spaces, the kid's bedroom and the study/2nd bedroom.  The age of the house (1960s) and some of the existing furniture that they wanted to keep gave me a starting point to work from, and it became clear that a mix of Mid-Mod and 21st century design styles would be the perfect and appropriate mix.

Happily she was really pleased with the results and she kindly offered to feature the project on the prestigious Financial Times How Spend It website.  I could hardly refuse could I?  (You can take the girl out of PR but you can't take the PR out of the girl)!  Here are the final mood boards that were created for Jenny and her lovely response to my work.  Thank you Jenny!



No comments:

Post a Comment