Tuesday 24 May 2011

YOU CAN TAKE THE GIRL OUT OF KENT..........

Was in Kent last week - I'd forgotten how 'green' everything is once you get out of London, as spring turns in to summer.  I was visiting a house that I had worked on the end of last year (photographs up on the website soon).   Maybe it was the sun bouncing around, maybe it was my mood - who knows - but pretty little design details kept popping up in front of me: perfectly clipped cross hatch box hedging (it's got an official name but I can't remember!); Gothic Revival-esque windows; intricate tile detail on a side wall that few will ever see; a quiet bench becoming wrapped in foliage; sculptural wrought iron gates framing an architectural garden.  Gorgeous.





I miss the countryside.  A weekend bolthole is on the wish list.....

No comments:

Post a Comment