Sunday 11 November 2012

ANISH KAPOOR (or things you'd sell your soul for)

There are lots of things in life that make me smile, but not so many that create a sharp in take of breath.  Anish Kapoor is one of those breath takers.  It's the intensity of colour, the scale and the ability to fool the viewer and alter our perception of what we are looking at.  Most of all though, it's the colour.  That deep, rich, heady intensity of a single colour just kills me.
























The above are part of an Anish Kapoor show at the Lisson Gallery which I caught yesterday - sadly, the last day.  Wondrous exhibition in lots of ways.  And below is the fibreglass dish that I'd offer up my soul for.  I've already worked out in my mind where I'd hang it.  Just me and it, it and me.
























Marvellous.


No comments:

Post a Comment