Friday 3 January 2014

WHERE THE HELL DID LAST YEAR GO?................... or Oh God, why can't I remember anything anymore, I'm having another senior moment.

As a new year begins, and here in the UK we trudge through the rain soaked streets back to work, I have been trying to sum up last year in my mind.  What brought me happiness, and occasional sadness, what inspired me, what I achieved, what frustrated me and what I learned.  Having sifted through my photos, I can sum up 2013 something like this:

Art that inspired me..........

Colours that inspired.......
 

New fabrics that made me sigh.....
Fallen in love in Lewis & Wood
Design that drew gasps of pleasure.......
Chevron marble from Bethan Grey

That's a brass panel wall.....
A few bits of work I was a quite proud of..........
(yes, that is me on the right and yes, that is the Princess Royal)
 Things that helped to put a smile on my face..........
Drinking champagne and playing the Ukelele = happiness

Things that didn't make me smile so much.........
Clients that can't make up their mind and won't let you do it for them.......

And finally, 2013 is dedicated to my darling girl who finally decided, at the ripe old age of 16, that she'd like to rest up properly once and for all.  
RIP Bunny - I miss you every minute of every day.



No comments:

Post a Comment